KartAZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Envinco Blue Tires

5 posters

Go down

Envinco Blue Tires Empty Envinco Blue Tires

Post by racer47 Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:15 pm

How much wear is everyone getting from these tires?  How much are you slowing down after 1,2,3 races, etc?

jocolor

racer47

Back to top Go down

Envinco Blue Tires Empty Re: Envinco Blue Tires

Post by newkarter Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:56 pm

I had the same question, thanks for asking

newkarter

Back to top Go down

Post by BMRACER Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:07 pm

I just completed the equivalent of 4 races on a set and my evaluation is that they were still fast enough to run identical times to the leaders but you could not be as aggressive driving in the corners so it made it difficult to pass compared to when they were new.

BMRACER

Back to top Go down

Post by adam173 Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Hard to say exactly how much they fall off per race day... like Bailey said, you can probably run one fast lap the same as new's, but won't be consistently as fast and won't have the same race speed.

I know some guys get away with just buying new fronts after A couple races. I think that mostly depends on setup and budget though. I don't think you could run more than 3-4 days on a set and expect to compete at the level you'd want to.
adam173
adam173

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Gunderson Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:09 pm

My guess would be about 2-3 races, depending on tire wear. Most racers that throw on a new set of Evinco Blues and run towards the front pick up about 0.4-0.6 tenths of a second when new, but this advantage tends to level out after 20 laps or so. It's a harder compound than the Evinco Red, so the durability is greater.

Like any tire, used tires will stabilize and be about the same for a while, and then seem to fall off a cliff after a few track days. With the Evinco's (and many other tires), I've noticed a great indication for when they are close to that point is when the inside of the rear tread begins to get a 'double curve' look to it. While hard to describe without a picture, the best I can do to describe it is to say that near the very inside area of the contact patch of the tire, where the 'feather' of rubber build up is, you will begin to see a depression or 'pocket' in the tread that has a smaller circumference than normal.

With a 206, fronts are likely to wear more than the rears as Adam said.
Eric Gunderson
Eric Gunderson

http://www.thecoloradokarter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum